Tuesday 19 April 2011

Peruse the wares.

I have been a bit absent over the last week, just seems time got away from me. Don't think that I was particularly busy but it was one of those very draining work weeks. Anyway, we played Record Store day at Head Records in Belfast and it was a really great experience. The frozen yogurt at the end of the day made it all the more sweeter.
Everything is shaping up for our single launch music-wise but I am still getting the merch together for it. As a person of practicality (sort of), I think that a two song single in cd format is not that viable so I have designed some other things to sell. They will come with a download code so you get something more with your purchase. Of Montreal did it with their Skeletal Lamping album and everything for it was well designed. They had these awesome wall decals which are currently displayed in my living room. It certainly inspired me in this whole process.
What I have planned is not really out of the ordinary, the badge packs that I mentioned and some tote bags but I am hoping to have t-shirts done in time. I am going to do lino printing because the designs are simple enough and it is going to work out a lot cheaper. Although I will probably pay with blood considering my clumsiness combined with carving awkward linoleum. I don't have to best tools either so it should be interesting nonetheless. 




















I only have the designs for you today as far as the tote and the shirt go. The font will most definitely be changed as it won't lend well to the print process. The font needs to be bigger and I have an idea for the shirt but not sure where to put it on the tote bag. I like the small type on the bag so the arrow stands out. The feathers on the arrow will be embroidered so I am really excited to see everything completed...although there will be a lot of hours (and hissy fits) put in to it. Should be a great couple of days ahead of me but I feel bad for anyone around me.






















The badge packs turned out really great. I love them and hope that people really respond to them. The square badges are pretty excited on their own.
That is all for today, should have some more things coming up later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment