Sunday 11 December 2011

It's been a while...

I cannot be the only one who gets that Stain'd song in my head whenever I spout that phrase! It is true, it has been a terribly long time since I have updated this blog. Perhaps I should stop limiting myself. I think that I started this because like most people in the world, I don't know where I fit and I want a forum to express my likes, dislikes and what creative things I am doing as I would like to motivate myself to do more.  At the moment my husband is the only one following my blog which perhaps gave me an excuse to be lazy about it. So I will put that motivational speech I just gave myself to the side and talk/write about what I have been doing.
Our band Morning Claws just released our ep Pet Storms, Ancienct Clouds and it was a culmination of a lot of work and it really paid off. I am so pleased with it and I hope other people enjoy it. The artwork was a bit of a struggle for myself this time around as I the concept I started with didn't really work. I was going for a vintage sort of look and I busted out the gouache for the first time in a long time and painted this flower inspired by a vintage swatch of wallpaper. However, didn't really work as my limited graphic design skills couldn't work out the appropriate text.
In frustration I started working on an old photo I took of my friend's dog while we were in Donegal. I then mixed it with a photo I took of Niagara Falls. It is the most personal I have been with art in a way as it combines my old home with my new home!

There she be! There is text and such on the final image but it is a strong image on its own so it deserved a little attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment